Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Companion planting

My neighbor plowed my 1/8th acre plot for a few bucks (ok, more than a few), and I'm now happy to say that I'm ready to plant! Well, almost.

I've been doing a lot of research on companion planting. Essentially, companion planting lets you use the natural benefits of other plants to either rid pests or add needed nutrients to companion plants. So, for instance, planting clover with cabbage will help eliminate the cabbage worms that can destroy your cabbage crop. Marigolds are also a prime example of one of the best pest-deterrent plants for your garden.

So I have the groups of companion plants figured out, I have the spacing and organization of the garden all planned out... now it's just time to go out there and do it. I hope to get to that this weekend, complete with more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment