Friday, May 27, 2011

Facebook founder kills his own food

I was really pleased to read this story. Apparently, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of popular social media network Facebook, has decided that he'll kill the food that he eats with his own two hands.

Now, when I tell people that this is the main reason I want to raise farm animals, they usually scrunch their noses up and ask me why I would kill innocent little animals. That's about the time when we get into a discussion about where our food comes from, and I enlighten them that chicken doesn't come from a magical chicken tree in South America.

When I raised chickens, I slaughtered them in my own yard (which probably isn't really legal in this city, come to think of it), but it prepared me for doing so on a larger scale one day. Plus, it introduced me to the fact that this is what our ancestors did for their breakfasts, lunches and dinners every day.

I commend Mr. Zuckerberg for not only taking on something as brave as this, but also publicly proclaiming it. The ironically backward stigmas attached to killing animals for food is frustrating, but Mark is pulling no punches on this one. It's refreshing to read his opinions, because I share them almost to the letter. I don't care what anyone else eats, but I want to know what I put into my digestive system.

No comments:

Post a Comment